Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Evolution of NY Foodgasm's Logo

This takes a lot of courage of me: to post the very beginning phase until the end. I am almost embarrassed of the first couple. EEK! What a difference. Ohhhh did I mention this was in the works for like 3 months. Why is that---I am my worst client!



Attempt 1- So at first I thought...ohhh a sexy fork would be cute, but it only looked completely silly. Also the colors and the style did not work- was not clean or sleek enough. Plus I HATED the idea of using a woman as a sex object, used all too often in the world.

Attempt 2- Kisses, why not right.  A kiss is sexy and you use your mouth to eat, but once again I felt that this image was just trite and over done ALSO using women as a sex object.

Attempt 3- Just let the typeface be sexy and add a fork and knife- BORING!

Attempt 4- Heart- okay so I made it look like a skull and cross bones with the fork and knife, so it wasn't completely trite, but to me this said Food Rebel NOT Foodgasm

Attempt 5- Getting closer finally.... Finally got the right concept. Something to me that was not overtly sexual and was visually clever. But I had to give up on that typeface!!

Finally we get to the end- what is not illustrated here is all the internal conflict, the pages of sketches and the screaming! But that would be the agony---at the end I achieved ecstasy! I am VERY happy with the concept- next step- layout! Let the agony start again!

No comments: