Monday, May 7, 2012

Design Challenge: If you were a superhero, what would your logo be?

A few months ago I started up my own art group, a lot of us creatives frustrated with our lack of creative stimulation at work. This was the first assignment and it was so much fun!

If you really know me you will know I constantly refer to myself as an "!", mostly because I am a very passionate person and well I go from one extreme to another. Mostly I am very excited. This design combines the S for Sophia with the "!" and made it look similar to the S for Superman. I also used my favorite color (Magenta) with a contrasting color (black).  

While it is arduous to brand yourself (your regular self) professionally and for self-promotion, somehow designing a logo for yourself (as a super hero) was almost effortless and fun.  It totally took all that "it needs to be perfect" pressure off.  It was an interesting experiment that showed when you take off the heat, it is just fun!

I challenge you designers out there: create your own superhero logo!

No comments: