Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Finding Creative Inspiration in the World Around You

This past weekend I took a trip to Sunken Meadow Beach, not too far from my home and had the pleasant surprise of sudden inspiration. I took a nice walk and hike along the cliffs and the shore. Soaking in the beauty and feeling of serenity that the beach always offers me. As all long island dwellers know, North Shore beaches are quite rocky, to the displeasure of your bare feet! As I normally do I was collecting all the unique rocks i could find and while talking about it with my husband, found my next project! Creating my own beads and charms for jewelry making projects! All I need to do is get me a rock tumbler and I am good to go! I can't wait to get started! Best part is, I got a plethora of free raw materials here on long island! 

Sometimes when you least expect it inspiration smacks you in the head and goes DUH! From what I learned it is mostly when we are relaxed and we are not seeking it.


No comments: