Friday, January 2, 2009

www.knowisdom.com

Photobucket

Today marks a new day in my history. I have finally got my website up!!!!!! (It's got some bugs I gotta fix, but it is up.) As past posts have stated, I've had the fear of the unknown about web design coupled with my perfectionism that has prevented me from getting this far before. I thought I would never be able to do it, but I got some help from Dan (thanks Dan, you da man!) learned some basic HTML, got a line of javascript I needed, and really got into some serious CSS and TAH DAH http://www.knowisdom.com is born!!

WOW WOW WOW, do I feel a sense of relief and damn I started 2009 off right! I won over all the self-doubt and it is a pretty damn good page for my first (second if you count the craptastic one from college) website ever!! I kicked its' ass!! I mean I got rollovers all over, multiple CSS classes and some other schmancy stuff going on!! I am so excited and no one was awake when I finished!! It is so disappointing I have no one to celebrate this moment with, so that is why I am writing this blog. In the span of a couple hours I learned and did something I never did before, actually getting a site up online. I was on the phone with yahoo and webhostingpad's tech support and man do I love 24/7 tech support!! Thanks anonymous tech guys....you made me so happy tonight, you were a part of Sophia's history in the making!! I cannot tell you, you cannot imagine the weight off of my shoulders, there are still things that need to be fixed, but I FINALLY did it!!

Now I know for sure 2009 will kick ass for me: this will be the year I get that job that will allow me to reach my creative potential! This will be the year of Sophia (Wisdom)!!

Please do have a look at my site and let me know what you think, your comments and ideas would be a great help!!

No comments: